♥The Important Stuff♥

Thursday 28 January 2010

Technical Difficulties

As many of you have already heard my laptop died. It was old, it was on its way out but I wasn't expecting it to go in the middle of a picture taking session last night. The screen went black and now it's lost half of my RAM and won't run.

It's in with an expert to see what, if anything, can be saved/fixed. But it's 90% looking as though I need a new laptop altogether.

Get a desktop you say?
I have zero space for one in this tiny little house. A laptop is easier to store and easier for me to use. Right now I have access to a slower and less graphically able pc, and a very lovely customer of my store pointed me in the direction of gimpshop, which is a free program (gimp) with patches to make it act and work more like photoshop. So far I'm still trying to get a feel for it, but it's better than nothing.

This does mean that I can't work on new designs for a little while so releases will be slow and so will blog posts here, because I can't take very good pictures and I don't want to show things in bad light.
I'll do what I can though.

One thing I will try to do is find some guest bloggers. If you want to apply, email me at tracyrubble@gmail.com with a sample of your work. Only good standards will be accepted.

I've also got a 100L or less sale at my store Trubble, with the main aim of keeping the tier up until I can get back for good.

I dunno how long it'll be before I can get a new laptop and get working again, but I will keep you updated.
For now I'll leave you with a picture of the best graphics I can get on here.

Hugs for now

Tracy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment