♥The Important Stuff♥

Friday 28 May 2010

Standing Room Only

In the 2.5 years since I joined SL I have heard many things. But the one thing I seem to hear all of the time, and the one I have even uttered myself occasionally is...

"Thats such a hard market. It's saturated. I mean do we really need another?"Strangely the line seems to fit anything people mention doing. From designing gowns to building chairs. From blogging to setting up a sale.
One of the first times I heard it was when I was considering opening a club in my newbie days. I spoke with a friend who already had a club and was told the usual, "It's saturated, theres a club on almost every sim. There's no point really."
Ok I still went ahead, and the club failed, more because of my inexperience with SL than through competition (it was a box and had a redbull machine hehe).

Then, down the line I heard it again. "You want to learn to design ladieswear, its saturated. There's no point."
Trubble was born, and yes, I struggle to keep the store going. It's a true labour of love.

I hear it again and again when I decide to learn a new skill and add more to the store. I hear it when others are wanting to learn and start up.

Then I wanted to start blogging, and guess what I heard.

Yup, it's saturated, there's too many, there's no point.

So my question to you. Is Second Life saturated? Or should people just follow their dreams regardless of how many others are doing the same thing?

Until Next Time.
Tracy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment