♥The Important Stuff♥

Thursday 17 June 2010

Super Long BBBC10 Post

Wow I've fallen behind on this. But it was to be expected when I'm totally busy trying to get pretties out of my head in time for Operation Squeegee AND the Fashion Fest fair. It's been totally crazy. So here's the last 3 topics all rolled into one. Enjoy.

Day 3 - How hard do you think it is to find a relationship in SL? If you have an SL relationship, have you met in the physical world? Would you meet them? Do you think it would change your SL relationship if you met?
I'm married in SL to my RL partner of 8 years. Before we got partnered we chose to try to have seperate lives within sl. During that time, I learned that SL dating is just as hard as RL dating. There are way more frogs than princes.
We soon gravitated back to each other and took it as proof we're perfect for each other. Neither of us could date without comparing them to our RL partners.
I don't think, even if I was single, I'd want to meet an SL partner in RL. Yes, I know many people who have had SL relationships that moved to RL and worked great. But I also know many who were stung when they met their SL partner in the real world and we're suddenly dropped in both worlds. It left those friends feeling insecure and depressed. It made them feel as though their RL looks/personality were not good enough. The truth is, after months or even years of getting to know each other in world, people have expectations of what a person is like in the real world. But the real world is a different place, with different stresses. No matter how much you can say you are the same in RL and SL, nobody truly is.

Day 4 - Is your avatar more or less your current biological age? Do you portray a younger avatar, or older? Why is this?In RL I am 25, and I wanted to be about the same age in SL. I've never really introduced my avatar as being any age, but I always felt I'd be better at being my own age than any other. Unfortunately most of the skins/shapes I found in the past made me look, in my opinion at least, nearer to 30. So I got a friend to make me a custom shape with softer features and now I look my age instead of my boob size!

I think it's easier to just be myself, even age wise. I'm not 18 (although I wish I was, those days were fun!) and I'm not 30 (thank god, no ageism meant but I'm holding off on 30 ta very much.) I'm 25 and happy, so why not be the same in all worlds?


No comments:

Post a Comment