♥The Important Stuff♥

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Live your 2nd childhood!



{Hair - Steph available from Exile - all funds going to "My 2nd Childhood"}

When I was about 11 years old, I learnt that a little girl who lived behind us was sick. At that young age I wasn't quite aware of how sick she was, but as I grew older I learned that she'd had leukemia, a terrible cancer of the bone marrow.
The girl recovered and is now a happy teenager, but that isn't always the case. 
In 2000, over 256,000 people developed a form of leukemia, and over 209,000 people died from it. It's a common misconception that it is a child's disease - 90% of all leukemia's are diagnosed in adults.
For more information on Leukemia go here.  

I'm now 26, and I have a 4 year old daughter. So when I heard about a little girl, Kajsa, from Voshie Paine, my heart went out to her family.
Kajsa is 3 years old and got ill very suddenly. Her illness is hard and painful, and her treatment is going to be rough, intensive and expensive. I'm crying as I write this, because this is just a baby and she needs all the love and support she can get.

Voshie has, with Kajsa's fathers blessing, set up a charity event to help with funds for Kajsa's treatment.
The event is called "my 2nd childhood" and has already started. Ton's of designers are already on board including:
GlamAffair
Miamai
BeScene Poses
Exile
Lianna Shippe
Style by Kira
DooLaLLy
Shades of October
Babycakes
BAIASTICE
Rock Me Amadeus (available at her store)
Nemesis
Ivalde
!tarnished
LiNe
…::JUST MY IMAGINATION::…Cleo Design
Sweet Romance Furniture
Peqe
Mágoa
!Just Kidding!
!BANG
ORION (available at his store)
Zaara also has a donation jar set out at her shop.

Please head on over to the sim, shop and donate all that you can to help this little princess get through this. Send your prayers to her. I'll keep you updated as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment